* Source Revenu Québec
Rénovert Home Renovation Tax Credit
This refundable tax credit has been introduced on a temporary basis to encourage individuals to invest in recognized eco-friendly home renovation work that has a positive environmental impact or improves their dwelling's energy efficiency.
Period of eligibility
The renovation work must have been done by a qualified contractor under a contract entered into after March 17, 2016, and before April 1, 2019.
Recognized eco-friendly renovation work
Examples of work recognized for the purposes of the rénovert tax credit
- Installation of doors or windows
Replacement or addition of doors, windows and skylights with ENERGY STAR qualified models for the climate zone where the dwelling is located.
- Insulation of the roof, exterior walls, foundations and exposed floors
- Installation of a living roof.
- Installation of photovoltaic solar panels
- Installation of an underground rain water recovery tank.
- Replacement of a heating oil, propane or natural gas water heater with a water heater using electricity.
- Replacement of a window air-conditioning unit
- Water-proof sealing of the foundations.
Maximum tax credit
The amount of the tax credit you can claim in respect of an eligible dwelling corresponds to 20% of the portion of your eligible expenses paid before January 1, 2020, that exceeds $2,500, up to a maximum tax credit of $10,000.